If you don't have an FTP account or need to use the IP address to make your ftp connection, your project manager can assist you with that process. Please contact AXIS at 1-800-852-3174.
Connecting to the AXIS FTP Site using Windows Explorer
Due to changes with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, non-anonymous FTP is no longer supported through the web browser. The following are instructions to connect to the AXIS FTP server using Windows Explorer instead of Internet Explorer.
- Open “My Computer” from the icon on your desktop or from the Start Menu in Windows XP
- Click in the Address bar at the top of the window and type ftp://ftp.axisorlando.com and either press the “Enter” key or click the “go” button to the right of the Address bar
- You will see the following login screen:
- Enter your username and password and click “Log On”
- Once you are logged in you will see what looks like an empty folder
- Drag and drop any files you wish to upload to AXIS into this window.
- Once you have completed uploading files you can close the window to end the connection
Connecting to the AXIS FTP Site with an FTP Client
Although the File Transfer Protocol (FTP) provides an easy way to transmit files over the Internet, it does not secure the data being transmitted. This data can be stolen during transmission since it is transmitted in clear text.
One way to provide secure FTP data is to use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). SSL provides encryption to the data as well as the FTP user and password information. Internet Explorer does not support FTP over SSL so an FTP program must be used instead.
Some popular FTP client software applications are:
To access the AXIS FTP site using WS_FTP, copy and paste the above mentioned Address into the Host Name field of WS_FTP:
Enter your User name and Password as shown above and click OK and then connect. After you successfully login your ftp client will open directly in your folder. You can then transfer your files to and from your local folder.
Using SSL to Secure FTP Data
AXIS supports FTP over SSL (FTPS) and recommends the WS_FTP client for its ease of use.
Using WS_FTP Pro software as an example, here is how to secure FTP data transmissions with SSL:
- In WS_FTP Pro, select the Connect button at the bottom of window or, File and Connect from the Menu
- Highlight the site you have added for AXIS and select Edit
- Select the Advanced tab
- Check the box that says Secure (SSL)
- Select OK
- Once you have completed this process, notify your AXIS Project Manager so we can finalize the SSL Connection.
If you have any questions, please contact AXIS at 1-800-852-3174.